Calling all aspiring zoo keepers!
We’ve got some exciting news for 7-12 year olds! Our Little Kids 2 Keeper program is guaranteed to entertain and educate kids who are itching to experience a behind the scenes look at a day in the life of a zoo keeper. This fully escorted workshop offers exclusive behind the scenes access that enables kids to explore the wonders of wildlife. Kids will meet a keeper and gain an insight into how they spend their day, learn interesting and fun aspects of zoo keeping such as studying animal behaviour, enter an animal’s enclosure, learn how to handle an animal and visit our “off display” reptile room.
These school holidays activities in the Little Kids 2 Keeper program will include:
- Bush walk
- Meet Koalas
- Exclusive spider milking show
- Elvis the crocodile show
- Meet Hugo in his enclosure
- Devil Enrichment
- Turtle feeding (warmer months only)
- Reptile Handling – snakes, lizards and tortoises
- Tawny frogmouth Feeding
The workshops run throughout the school holidays from 12pm – 4pm on selected days and cost $80 per child (Online booking fees apply), which includes park entry, sandwich and drink. We run workshops during every school holidays and gift cards are also available.
If you’re a parent and would like to stay in the Park while your child attends Little Kids 2 Keeper, we’re happy to offer you the discount rate of $25 per person.
- All Little Kids 2 Keeper programs are capped at 12 children.
- A minimum of 6 participants must be booked for Little K2K to go ahead. If there are less than 6 participants booked, Little K2K may be postponed to a later date.