The mighty roar of Tyrannosaurus Rex and the snapping jaws of the Raptor will be on show at the Australian Reptile Park daily throughout the Summer school holidays for Jurassic Zoo. The choreographed event series showcases the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods of geological time millions of years ago. These two carnivores will also feature in a park walk with keepers guiding their way to avoid any lunch snacks of the human kind along their path. Kids, and the young at heart, also have the chance to be a palaeontologist at our Dino Dig! Learn how dinosaur experts find specimens and excavate your very own dinosaur!
Daily school holidays activities included in admission at the Australian Reptile Park will include:
– Kids exploratory dino dig and fossil finding sand pit
– Interactive dinosaur walks
– Dino Dance Party
– American alligator feeding show of 40 alligators in the park’s lagoon
– Crocodile feeding show of Australia’s crankiest 4.5 metre crocodile, known as Elvis
– Walking of Hugo the Galapagos tortoise for guests to pat his lucky shell
– Dingo bush walks and talks
– Roving keepers for hands on animal experiences with snakes, lizards, and cute & cuddly mammals
Additional holiday fun:
The school holidays are also a busy time for Behind The Scenes Tours and interactive Kids 2 Keeper programs, which are recommended to be booked in advance due to popularity. Click here for more information.
New to the park for one night only in the school holiday is a family friendly zoo slumber event, The Aussie Bush Wildlife Sleep Out, taking place on January 11th and January 25th with guests waking up surrounded by nature. Click here for further information.