Calling all aspiring zookeepers!
We’ve got some exciting news for 7-12 year olds! Our Little Kids 2 Keeper program is guaranteed to entertain and educate kids who are itching to experience a ‘behind the scenes look at a day in the life of a zookeeper. This fully escorted workshop offers exclusive behind the scenes access that enables kids to explore the wonders of wildlife. Kids will meet a keeper and gain an insight into how they spend their day, learn interesting and fun aspects of zoo keeping such as studying animal behaviour, enter an animal’s enclosure, learn how to handle an animal and visit our “off display” reptile room.
Activities in the Little Kids 2 Keeper program:
- Bush walk
- Meet Koalas
- Exclusive spider milking show
- Meet Hugo in his enclosure
- Devil Enrichment
- Turtle feeding – warmer months only
- Reptile Handling – snakes, lizards and tortoises
- Tawny frogmouth feeding
The workshops run on the first Saturday every month and throughout the school holidays from 12pm – 4pm on selected days and costs $90 per child (Online booking fees apply), which includes park entry, sandwich and drink.
Gift cards are available.
If you’re a parent and would like to stay in the Park while your child attends Little Kids 2 Keeper, we’re happy to offer you the discounted rate of $29 per person.
- All Little Kids 2 Keeper programs are capped at 12 children.
- A minimum of 6 participants must be booked for Little K2K to go ahead. If there are less than 6 participants booked, Little K2K may be postponed to a later date.
- Little Kids 2 Keeper programs run on the first Saturday of each month. They also run through out the school holidays, please check booking site for particular dates